Job Title: Project/Procurement Assistant
Posting Number: 2019-07
Department: Project Management
Posting Date: 05/09/2019
Posting Closes: when filled
Summary: Dakota Creek Industries is looking for a Project/Procurement Assistant to provide support to respective departments within the organization. The ideal candidate will possess: a positive attitude; team approach; superior written and verbal communications; strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize; ability to maintain confidential information; be detail-oriented; ability to work independently; and have advanced experience with the Microsoft Office Suite.
Duties: maintain company protocols for confidential and proprietary information; log, transmit and retrieve project documents; prepare project tracking reports; assist in project scheduling; review solicitations and assist in the development of procurement packages; other duties as assigned. (This list is a representation of job tasks and does not list all duties and responsibilities).
Requirements: Due to the secure nature of this project a pre-employment screening will be performed upon eligible candidate accepting our employment offer.
• High school graduation or equivalent.
• Marine and/or contract experience preferred.
• Two years office experience providing clerical and/or administrative support to multiple staff members.
• Advanced experience with the Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project.
• Ability to work under pressure, multitask and maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to work as part of a cohesive team or individually.
• Experience communicating effectively on multiple levels to customers, vendors, public and co-workers.
• Ability to multitask while following instructions/schedules/timelines for multiple priorities.
• Possess strong communication, prioritization and organizational skills.
Our team-based approach empowers staff to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary group. The Project/Procurement Assistant will be working closely with a team of experienced Production Design Marine Engineers.
Benefits: include medical, vision, dental, access to company clinic, vacation pay, sick pay, paid holidays, and bonus. Dakota Creek Industries, Inc. is a drug free, smoke free workplace. Prospective employees must pass a drug test and a physical as well as pre-employment screening.
Pay Range: DOE
To Apply: In order to apply, please complete an application which may be printed from our website www.dakotacreek.com, or obtained from our main office at 820 Fourth Street, Anacortes, WA. The completed application must be mailed or hand-delivered to Human Resources. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application form but may be included with the application. Position will close when filled.
EOE AA / M / F / Vet / Disability