Job Title: Marine Repair Shipfitter
Posting Number: 2019-18
Posting Date: 09/13/2019
Posting Closes: when filled
Duties: Fit and/or Fabricate steel components in the assembly and production of marine vessel repair while complying with Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements. Tack welding and/or the use of oxy/ace. for cutting or preheating. Perform material fitting work including lay-out and fit-up of welded or bolted detail.
Requirements: Due to the secure nature of this project a pre-employment screening will be performed upon eligible candidate accepting our employment offer.
Specific Job Skills:
- Preference will be given to applicants with new Marine Repair experience.
- Stick welding and Dual Shield or similar experience is a plus
- Safely perform work in small and/or confined spaces, on ladders, and at heights of 20 feet or more.
- Recognize and resolve unsafe working conditions.
- Effectively communicate information and ideas in English both verbally and in writing without assistance or translation.
- Ability to interpret and comply with WPS “Weld Procedure Certification” forms.
- Ability to become fluent in the operations and control of equipment and systems, including, aerial and scissor lifts.
- Conduct and interpret test and inspections of products or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Complete installation and fabrication to exceed published standards and/or project specifications
- Perform math calculations (add, subtract, divide, multiply) and use mathematics-based logic to solve complex problems.
- Accurately use a tape measure and other measuring devices
- Ability to work weekends, holidays & overtime with little to no notice.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Understand, promote and adhere to a Safety First culture by following safety guidelines and requirements at all times, understanding and properly utilizing the appropriate personal protective equipment for each situation.
- Set up and operate welding equipment applying knowledge of weld electrodes and wire, machine settings, quality and quantity standards, and the use of oxygen/ace. gas torch for cutting and pre-heat.
- Read and interpret work specifications, work orders, blueprints and schematics
- Lay-out and fit-up welded or bolted detail, show weld sizes, piece marks, direction marks, and other markings according to work specifications, work orders, blueprints, and schematics.
- Consistently meet individual daily production goals as set by supervisors, foreman, and designated lead employees.
Job Scope: This position routinely works with minimal supervision taking instruction from specifications, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and other documentation.
Interpersonal Contacts: This position works both independently and as part of a team. The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with others within a team, and other trades of the organization is essential in this role.
Job Conditions: Work is performed in a wide variety of environments including heights of 20 feet or more, small and confined spaces, and outdoors in all weather conditions. Will bend twist, kneel, walk, climb, and reach for 1-12 hours per day. Will crouch, stand for 1-12 hours per day., Will endure noise, fumes, dust, and inclement weather. Must be able to lift and carry 1-60 pounds throughout the day. Must be able to push and pull up to 75 pounds and safely wear a respirator when needed.
Benefits: include medical, vision, dental, access to company clinic, vacation pay, sick pay, paid holidays, and bonus.
Dakota Creek Industries, Inc. is a drug free, smoke free workplace. Prospective employees must pass a drug test and a physical as well as pre-employment screening.
Pay Range: DOE (range of $20-33/hour)
To Apply: In order to apply, please complete an application which may be printed from our website www.dakotacreek.com, or obtained from our main office at 820 Fourth Street, Anacortes, WA. The completed application must be mailed or hand-delivered to Human Resources. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application form but may be included with the application. Position will close when filled.
EOE AA / M / F / Vet / Disability