PAYROLL SPECIALIST JOB OPENING
POSITION TITLE: Payroll Specialist
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
POSITION SUMMARY: Accurately issue weekly pay to employees by calculating earnings and deductions in accordance with established software practices and guidelines.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Compile employee time worked from time cards.
2. Monitor timecards for accuracy.
3. Compute wages and deductions.
4. Process and issue employee paychecks.
5. Compile hour reports for project managers.
6. Maintain Certified Payroll Reports.
7. Prepare Federal and State Payroll Tax forms.
8. Investigate and correct payroll discrepancies and errors.
9. Update payroll records by recording changes including insurance coverage, salary increases, payroll deductions, etc.
10. Process new employees, terminations, transfers and promotions.
11. Prepare and print payroll reports of earnings, hours worked, taxes, insurance, leave.
12. Address employee pay-related concerns and provide accurate payroll information.
13. Complete requests for pay-related documents including statements and verifications.
14. Produce federal, state and local tax payments.
15. Develop, manage and maintain comprehensive payroll records.
16. Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and guidelines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Experience in payroll processing
3. Working knowledge of relevant software
4. Understanding of basic accounting principles
5. Understanding of internal controls
6. Knowledge of federal and state payroll regulations and requirements
1. Solid date entry skills
2. Strong numeric skills
3. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
4. Excellent interpersonal skills
6. Organizational skill
7. Analytical and problem solving skill
8. Effective verbal and listening communication skill
9. Time management and progress tracking skill
10. Customer Service orientation
12. Punctual and regular attendance
SALARY RANGE – $22.00 – $27.00 Per Hour Depending on Experience
Full-time (40 Hours Per Week), Benefits
Open Until Filled
Dakota Creek Industries is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE AA / M / F / Vet / Disability