|Posting date: 04/14/17
Job closes: 04/28/17
Dakota Creek Industries, Inc. is looking for Painter Helpers that will be responsible for cleaning and preparing for painting interiors and exteriors of ships, boats and shipyard buildings.
Candidates must be available to work 6 days per week (Monday – Friday, overtime and weekends as needed).
Duties and responsibilities:
– Clean and prepare painting area as directed by leads
– Sweep sand and clean area before painting
– Wash and/or pressure wash surfaces to remove grease, rust, scale and dirt
– Set up blasting paint equipment, including connecting hoses and setting up paint pumps
– Hang tarps and screens for containment
– Smooth surfaces using sandpaper, scrapers, and sanding machines
1 year industrial painting experience preferred but not required
Must be available to work 6 days per week as needed
Physical requirements include ability to lift up to 75 pounds. Able to enter confined/enclosed spaces frequently. Able to work at heights. Able to wear personal protective clothing to include hard hat, safety glasses, respirator and fall protection. Prospective employees must pass a drug test and a physical.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental, access to company clinic, vacation pay, paid holidays, bonus and lunch.
Dakota Creek Industries, Inc. is a drug free, smoke free workplace.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please, complete an application which may be printed from our website www.dakotacreek.com, or obtained from our main office at 820 Fourth Street, Anacortes, WA. The completed application must be delivered to the Human Resources Office by the close of business on 04/28/17 or postmarked by 04/27/17.
Dakota Creek Industries is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.