Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Posting Number: 2019-14
Department: Human Resources
Posting Date: 07/31/2019
Posting Closes: when filled
Summary: Dakota Creek Industries is looking for a Payroll Specialist. The ideal candidate will possess: a positive attitude; team approach; superior written and verbal communications; strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize; ability to maintain confidential information; be detail-oriented; ability to work independently; and have advanced experience with the Microsoft Office Suite as well as experience with data entry and a strong understanding of payroll and payroll laws.
- Daily manual data entry of employee time worked from timecards
- Compile hour reports for project managers on daily and/or weekly basis.
- Create internal, state and federal reports and forms and ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Investigate and correct payroll discrepancies and errors.
- Process new employees, terminations, transfers and promotions and update payroll records as needed.
- Address employee pay-related concerns and provide accurate payroll information.
- Complete requests for pay-related documents including statements and verifications.
- Assist and answer to the Human Resources Manager and the CFO.
- Process garnishments and other payroll withholding requirements.
- Perform clerical duties, such as filing and typing; operate a variety of office equipment.
Requirements: Due to the secure nature of this project a pre-employment screening will be performed upon eligible candidate accepting our employment offer.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Two years in-house payroll experience.
- Two years office experience providing clerical and/or administrative support to multiple staff members.
- Advanced experience with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive team or individually.
- Experience communicating effectively on multiple levels to management and co-workers.
- Ability to multitask while following instructions/schedules/timelines for multiple priorities.
- Possess strong communication, prioritization and organizational skills.
Our team-based approach empowers staff to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary group. The Payroll Specialist will be working closely with Human Resources, Management, and will provide support & assistance to all DCI employees.
Benefits: include medical, vision, dental, access to company clinic, vacation pay, sick pay, paid holidays, and bonus. Dakota Creek Industries, Inc. is a drug free, smoke free workplace. Prospective employees must pass a drug test and a physical as well as pre-employment screening.
Pay Range: DOE ( $25 to $30)
To Apply: In order to apply, please complete an application which may be printed from our website www.dakotacreek.com, or obtained from our main office at 820 Fourth Street, Anacortes, WA. The completed application must be mailed or hand-delivered to Human Resources. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application form but may be included with the application. Position will close when filled.
EOE AA / M / F / Vet / Disability[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]