Job Title: Marine Pipe Fitter
Posting Number: 2019-15
Posting Date: 09/13/2019
Posting Closes: when filled
Duties: Plan layout of pipe sections, allowing for conformance to specifications, holes, and obstructions; cut and bore holes in bulkheads and decks for installation of pipes; operate shop machines; bolt and weld pipe brackets to support pipe systems; plumbing; select, rig and operate come-a-longs, chain falls and other equipment to move and secure sections of steel pipe structure; apply knowledge of arithmetic.
Requirements: Due to the secure nature of this project a pre-employment screening will be performed upon eligible candidate accepting our employment offer.
Specific Job Skills:
- Preference will be given to applicants with 3-5 years pipe fitting experience.
- Safely perform work in small and/or confined spaces, on ladders, and at heights of 20 feet or more.
- Recognize and resolve unsafe working conditions.
- Effectively communicate information and ideas in English both verbally and in writing without assistance or translation.
- Ability to become fluent in the operations and control of equipment and systems, including, aerial and scissor lifts.
- Conduct and interpret test and inspections of products or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Complete installation and fabrication to exceed published standards and/or project specifications.
- Perform math calculations (add, subtract, divide, multiply) and use mathematics-based logic to solve complex problems.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to accurately identify schedule and pipe alloy.
- Read and interpret work specifications, work orders, blueprints and schematics.
- Able to use a cutting torch.
- Consistently meet individual daily production goals as set by supervisors, foreman, and designated lead employees.
Job Scope: This position routinely works with minimal supervision taking instruction from specifications, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and other documentation.
Interpersonal Contacts: This position works both independently and as part of a team. The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with others within a team, and other trades of the organization is essential in this role.
Job Conditions: Work is performed in a wide variety of environments including heights of 20 feet or more, small and confined spaces, and outdoors in all weather conditions. Will bend twist, kneel, walk, climb, and reach for 1-12 hours per day. Will crouch, stand for 1-12 hours per day., Will endure noise, fumes, dust, and inclement weather. Must be able to lift and carry 1-60 pounds throughout the day. Must be able to push and pull up to 75 pounds and safely wear a respirator when needed.
Benefits: include medical, vision, dental, access to company clinic, vacation pay, sick pay, paid holidays, and bonus.
Dakota Creek Industries, Inc. is a drug free, smoke free workplace. Prospective employees must pass a drug test and a physical as well as pre-employment screening.
Pay Range: DOE (range of $20-33/hour)
To Apply: In order to apply, please complete an application which may be printed from our website www.dakotacreek.com, or obtained from our main office at 820 Fourth Street, Anacortes, WA. The completed application must be mailed or hand-delivered to Human Resources. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application form but may be included with the application. Position will close when filled.
EOE AA / M / F / Vet / Disability