Job Title: Electrician Helper
Posting Number: 2019-24
Posting Date: 10/22/2019
Posting Closes: when filled
Duties: assist Journeyman electricians in installing and repairing wiring, fixtures and equipment for all electrical services aboard ship and in shipyard facilities following blueprints and wiring diagrams.
Requirements: Due to the secure nature of this project a pre-employment screening will be performed upon eligible candidate accepting our employment offer.
Specific Job Skills:
- Help and learn how to install wireways to bulkheads with brackets and screws using hand tools
- Assist with threading wires through wireways to terminals such as connection boxes, circuit breakers, voltage regulators and switch panels
- Strip insulation from wire ends and solders ends to terminals using stripping pliers and soldering iron
- Helps connect power-supply circuits to radio, radar, sonar, fire control and other electronic equipment
- Drill holes and push or pull wiring through openings using hand and power tools
- Clean work area and wash parts
- May construct instrument panels using hand tools, rulers, dividers and power tools following specifications
- Recognize and resolve unsafe working conditions.
- Effectively communicate information and ideas in English.:
- Knowledge of safety regulations and procedures including Lock-Out/Tag-Out
Job Scope: This position routinely works with minimal supervision after instruction has been given. Candidates must be motivated and must be able to follow direction.
Interpersonal Contacts: This position works both independently and as part of a team. The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with others within a team, and other trades of the organization is essential in this role.
Job Conditions: Work is performed in a wide variety of environments including heights of 20 feet or more, small and confined spaces, and outdoors in all weather conditions. Will bend twist, kneel, walk, climb, and reach for 1-12 hours per day. Will crouch, stand for 1-12 hours per day., Will endure noise, fumes, dust, and inclement weather. Must be able to lift and carry 1-75 pounds throughout the day. Must be able to push and pull up to 75 pounds and safely wear a respirator when needed.
Benefits: include medical, vision, dental, access to company clinic, vacation pay, sick pay, paid holidays, and bonus. Dakota Creek Industries, Inc. is a drug free, smoke free workplace. Prospective employees must pass a drug test and a physical as well as pre-employment screening.
Pay Range: DOE (range of $18-$25/hour)
To Apply: In order to apply, please complete an application which may be printed from our website www.dakotacreek.com, or obtained from our main office at 820 Fourth Street, Anacortes, WA. The completed application must be mailed or hand-delivered to Human Resources. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application form but may be included with the application. Position will close when filled.
EOE AA / M / F / Vet / Disability