Job Title: Marine Painter
Posting Number: 2020-15
Posting Date: 05/14/2020
Posting Closes: when filled
Duties: oversee and help with surface preparation; wash and/or pressure wash surfaces to remove grease, rust, scale and dirt; sand blast; mix paint; paint with brush, roller and sprayer; sand surfaces between coats and final coat to specified finish; clean and maintain equipment after each use; run aerial list equipment
Requirements: Due to the secure nature of this project a pre-employment screening will be performed upon eligible candidate accepting our employment offer.
Specific Job Skills:
- Minimum 1 (one) year marine painting experience required
- Sandblasting experience required
- Five (5) years painting experience preferred
- Understanding of paint formulas and specifications
- Ability to read paint specifications and understand blueprints
- Ability to calculate paint consumption
- Effectively communicate information and ideas in English both verbally and in writing without assistance or translation.
- Ability to become fluent in the operations and control of equipment and systems, including, aerial and scissor lifts.
- Recognize and resolve unsafe working conditions.
- Consistently meet individual daily production goals as set by supervisors, foreman, and designated lead employees.
Job Scope: This position routinely works with minimal supervision after instruction has been given. Candidates must be motivated and must be able to follow direction.
Interpersonal Contacts: This position works both independently and as part of a team. The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with others within a team, and other trades of the organization is essential in this role.
Job Conditions: Work is performed in a wide variety of environments including heights of 20 feet or more, small and confined spaces, and outdoors in all weather conditions. Will bend twist, kneel, walk, climb, and reach for 1-12 hours per day. Will crouch, stand for 1-12 hours per day., Will endure noise, fumes, dust, and inclement weather. Must be able to lift and carry 1-75 pounds throughout the day. Must be able to push and pull up to 75 pounds and safely wear a respirator when needed.
Benefits: include medical, vision, dental, access to company clinic, vacation pay, sick pay, paid holidays, and bonus.
Dakota Creek Industries, Inc. is a drug free, smoke free workplace. Prospective employees must pass a drug test and a physical as well as pre-employment screening.
Pay Range: DOE (range of $20-$35.64/hour)
To Apply: In order to apply, please complete an application which may be downloaded from our website www.dakotacreek.com. The completed application must be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (360) 293-6432. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application form but may be included with the application. Applications will not be accepted in person and are not available pre-printed. Position will close when filled.
EOE AA / M / F / Vet / Disability