Job Title: Crane Operator
Posting Number: 2020-20
Posting Date: 06/26/2020
Posting Closes: when filled
Duties: Safely operate traveling or stationary overhead crane (cab- or ground-controlled) to lift, move, and position loads such as machinery, equipment, products, and solid or bulk materials using hoisting attachments such as hook, sling, clamps, spreader bars, and baskets.
Requirements: Due to the secure nature of this project a pre-employment screening will be performed upon eligible candidate accepting our employment offer.
Minimum Essential Qualifications:
- 1 year experience operating a crane
- 3 to 5 years’ experience operating crawler cranes
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools including their design, use, repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of mathematics – arithmetic, algebra, geometry and their applications
Specific Job Skills:
- Operate rough terrain cranes, crawler cranes and overhead cranes
- Estimate load weights and check them against lifting capacities to prevent overload
- Observe load hook up and determine safety of load
- Direct riggers and signal employees helping with a pick
- Use data entry and operation control software
- Perform daily inspection of the crane to check for defective parts (such as worn or damaged rigging) and notify supervisor of defects or malfunctions
- Perform daily maintenance of assigned crane, including checking oil, greasing, cleaning and maintaining hoisting mechanism; make small repairs
- Attach load to hook or other crane accessory (such as lifting clamps, shackles, wedge sockets, anti-two block devices or spreader bars) prior to operating crane
- Recognize and resolve unsafe working conditions.
- Effectively communicate information and ideas in English both verbally and in writing without assistance or translation.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Understand, promote and adhere to a Safety First culture by following safety guidelines and requirements at all times, understanding and properly utilizing the appropriate personal protective equipment for each situation.
- Consistently meet individual daily production goals as set by department heads, foreman, and designated lead employees.
Job Scope: This position routinely works with minimal supervision taking instruction from specifications, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and other documentation.
Interpersonal Contacts: This position works both independently and as part of a team. The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with others within a team, and other trades of the organization is essential in this role.
Job Conditions: Work is performed in a wide variety of environments including heights of 20 feet or more, small and confined spaces, and outdoors in all weather conditions. Will bend twist, kneel, walk, climb, and reach for 1-12 hours per day. Will crouch, stand for 1-12 hours per day. Will endure noise, fumes, dust, and inclement weather. Must be able to lift and carry 1-60 pounds throughout the day. Must be able to push and pull up to 75 pounds and safely wear a respirator and other PPE when needed.
Benefits: include medical, vision, dental, access to company clinic, vacation pay, sick pay, paid holidays, and bonus.
Dakota Creek Industries, Inc. is a drug free, smoke free workplace. Prospective employees must pass a drug test and a physical as well as pre-employment screening.
Pay Range: DOE (range of $25-$35.64/hour)
To Apply: In order to apply, please complete an application which may be downloaded from our website www.dakotacreek.com. The completed application must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (360) 293-6432. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application form but may be included with the application. Applications will not be accepted in person and are not available pre-printed. Position will close when filled.
EOE AA / M / F / Vet / Disability