Job Title: Marine Carpenter
Posting Number: 2020-27
Posting Date: 09/02/2020
Posting Closes: when filled
Duties: Fabricate and repair ship’s structural woodwork and wooden gear, build floors, install insulation, joiner systems and parts such as hatches, marine hardware, metal trim, seats, cabinets, fixtures, appliances and windows.
Requirements: Due to the secure nature of this project a pre-employment screening will be performed upon eligible candidate accepting our employment offer.
Specific Job Skills:
- 5 years carpentry experience.
- Preference will be given to applicants with construction experience; experience in shipyard industry preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installing bulkheads, joiner panels and soft panels.
- Cutting, fitting and installing structural and thermal insulation.
- Installing wall paneling.
- Installing ceilings, furniture and cabinetry.
- Safely perform work in small and/or confined spaces, on ladders, and at heights of 20 feet or more.
- Recognize and resolve unsafe working conditions.
- Effectively communicate information and ideas in English both verbally and in writing without assistance or translation.
- Accurately use a tape measure and other measuring devices. Responsibilities:
Job Scope: This position routinely works with minimal supervision taking instruction from specifications, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and other documentation.
Interpersonal Contacts: This position works both independently and as part of a team. The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with others within a team, and other trades of the organization is essential in this role.
Job Conditions: Work is performed in a wide variety of environments including heights of 20 feet or more, small and confined spaces, and outdoors in all weather conditions. Will bend twist, kneel, walk, climb, and reach for 1-12 hours per day. Will crouch, stand for 1-12 hours per day. Will endure noise, fumes, dust, and inclement weather. Must be able to lift and carry 1-75 pounds throughout the day. Must be able to push and pull up to 75 pounds and safely wear a respirator when needed.
Benefits: include medical, vision, dental, access to company clinic, vacation pay, sick pay, paid holidays, and bonus.
Dakota Creek Industries, Inc. is a drug free, smoke free workplace. Prospective employees must pass a drug test and a physical as well as pre-employment screening.
Pay Range: DOE (range of $20-$35.64/hour)
To Apply: In order to apply, please complete an application which may be downloaded from our website www.dakotacreek.com. The completed application must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (360) 293-6432. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application form but may be included with the application. Applications will not be accepted in person and are not available pre-printed. Position will close when filled.