Job Title: Marine Pipe Fitter
Posting Number: 2020-30
Posting Date: 10/09/2020
Posting Closes: when filled
Duties: Plan layout of pipe sections, allowing for conformance to specifications, holes, and obstructions; cut and bore holes in bulkheads and decks for installation of pipes; operate shop machines; bolt and weld pipe brackets to support pipe systems; plumbing; select, rig and operate come-a-longs, chain falls and other equipment to move and secure sections of steel pipe structure; apply knowledge of arithmetic.
Requirements: Due to the secure nature of this project a pre-employment screening will be performed upon eligible candidate accepting our employment offer.
Specific Job Skills:
- Preference will be given to applicants with 3-5 years pipe fitting experience.
- Safely perform work in small and/or confined spaces, on ladders, and at heights of 20 feet or more.
- Recognize and resolve unsafe working conditions.
- Effectively communicate information and ideas in English both verbally and in writing without assistance or translation.
- Ability to become fluent in the operations and control of equipment and systems, including, aerial and scissor lifts.
- Conduct and interpret test and inspections of products or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Complete installation and fabrication to exceed published standards and/or project specifications.
- Perform math calculations (add, subtract, divide, multiply) and use mathematics-based logic to solve complex problems.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to accurately identify schedule and pipe alloy.
- Read and interpret work specifications, work orders, blueprints and schematics.
- Able to use a cutting torch.
- Consistently meet individual daily production goals as set by supervisors, foreman, and designated lead employees.
Job Scope: This position routinely works with minimal supervision taking instruction from specifications, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and other documentation.
Interpersonal Contacts: This position works both independently and as part of a team. The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with others within a team, and other trades of the organization is essential in this role.
Job Conditions: Work is performed in a wide variety of environments including heights of 20 feet or more, small and confined spaces, and outdoors in all weather conditions. Will bend twist, kneel, walk, climb, and reach for 1-12 hours per day. Will crouch, stand for 1-12 hours per day., Will endure noise, fumes, dust, and inclement weather. Must be able to lift and carry 1-60 pounds throughout the day. Must be able to push and pull up to 75 pounds and safely wear a respirator when needed.
Benefits: include medical, vision, dental, access to company clinic, vacation pay, sick pay, paid holidays, and bonus.
Dakota Creek Industries, Inc. is a drug free, smoke free workplace. Prospective employees must pass a drug test and a physical as well as pre-employment screening.
Pay Range: DOE (range of $20-$35.64/hour)
To Apply: In order to apply, please complete an application which may be downloaded from our website www.dakotacreek.com. The completed application must be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (360) 293-6432. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application form but may be included with the application. Applications will not be accepted in person and are not available pre-printed. Position will close when filled.
EOE AA / M / F / Vet / Disability