Job Title: Marine Electrician
Posting Number: 2020-33
Posting Date: 11/06/2020
Posting Closes: when filled
Duties: Install and repair wiring, fixtures and equipment for all electrical services aboard ship and shipyard facilities following blueprints and wiring diagrams; test and troubleshoot systems; construct instrument panels.
Requirements: Due to the secure nature of this project a pre-employment screening will be performed upon eligible candidate accepting our employment offer.
Minimum Essential Qualifications:
- 4 years electrical experience.
- Understanding of shipboard electrical distribution systems.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to use different types of meters to test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Have an understanding and work with 3-phase 480v, 208v systems and work with Delta and Wye power system.
Specific Job Skills:
- Preference will be given to applicants with marine construction and repair experience.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine the layout and installation of electrical equipment.
- Install electrical wiring in accommodation areas: receptacles, switches, light fixtures, PA speakers and other forms of communication, and other electrical components.
- Test, diagnose, maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, batteries, battery chargers, alarm systems, transformers and switchboards.
- Safely perform work in small and/or confined spaces, on ladders, and at heights of 20 feet or more.
- Recognize and resolve unsafe working conditions.
- Effectively communicate information and ideas in English both verbally and in writing without assistance or translation.
- Ability to become fluent in the operations and control of equipment and systems, including aerial and scissor lifts.
- Perform math calculations (add, subtract, divide, multiply) and use mathematics-based logic to solve complex problems.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Understand, promote and adhere to a Safety First culture by following safety guidelines and requirements at all times, understanding and properly utilizing the appropriate personal protective equipment for each situation.
- Read and interpret work specifications, work orders, blueprints and schematics
- Consistently meet individual daily production goals as set by department heads, foreman, and designated lead employees.
Job Scope: This position routinely works with minimal supervision taking instruction from specifications, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and other documentation.
Interpersonal Contacts: This position works both independently and as part of a team. The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with others within a team, and other trades of the organization is essential in this role.
Job Conditions: Work is performed in a wide variety of environments including heights of 20 feet or more, small and confined spaces, and outdoors in all weather conditions. Will bend twist, kneel, walk, climb, and reach for 1-12 hours per day. Will crouch, stand for 1-12 hours per day., Will endure noise, fumes, dust, and inclement weather. Must be able to lift and carry 1-60 pounds throughout the day. Must be able to push and pull up to 75 pounds and safely wear a respirator and other PPE when needed.
Benefits: include medical, vision, dental, access to company clinic, vacation pay, sick pay, paid holidays, and bonus.
Dakota Creek Industries, Inc. is a drug free, smoke free workplace. Prospective employees must pass a drug test and a physical as well as pre-employment screening.
Pay Range: DOE (range of $20-$35.64/hour)
To Apply: In order to apply, please complete an application which may be downloaded from our website www.dakotacreek.com. The completed application must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (360) 293-6432. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application form but may be included with the application. Applications will not be accepted in person and are not available pre-printed. Position will close when filled.
EOE AA / M / F / Vet / Disability