Job Title: Outside Machinist
Posting Number: 2021-01
Posting Date: 02/22/2021
Posting Closes: when filled
Duties: Work on maintenance and repair of marine engines, marine machinery, and related equipment.
Requirements: Due to the secure nature of this project a pre-employment screening will be performed upon eligible candidate accepting our employment offer.
Specific Job Skills:
- 3-5 years mechanic experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and blueprints.
- Inspect optical alignments, dial indicators, hydraulics, pneumatics and rigging of various marine machinery
- Disassemble, troubleshoot, reassemble, and install vessel equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on marine machinery.
- Recognize and resolve unsafe working conditions.
- Effectively communicate information and ideas in English both verbally and in writing without assistance or translation.
- Ability to become fluent in the operations and control of equipment and systems, including aerial and scissor lifts.
- Consistently meet individual daily production goals as set by supervisors, foreman, and designated lead employees.
- Fast learner.
Job Scope: This position routinely works with minimal supervision taking instruction from specifications, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and other documentation.
Interpersonal Contacts: This position works both independently and as part of a team. The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with others within a team, and other trades of the organization is essential in this role.
Job Conditions: Work is performed in a wide variety of environments including heights of 20 feet or more, small and confined spaces, and outdoors in all weather conditions. Will bend twist, kneel, walk, climb, and reach for 1-12 hours per day. Will crouch, stand for 1-12 hours per day., Will endure noise, fumes, dust, and inclement weather. Must be able to lift and carry 1-75 pounds throughout the day. Must be able to push and pull up to 75 pounds and safely wear all required PPE (hardhat, respirator, ear protection, knee pads, safety glasses, fall protection, etc.) when needed.
Benefits: include medical, vision, dental, access to company clinic, vacation pay, sick pay, paid holidays, and bonus.
Dakota Creek Industries, Inc. is a drug free, smoke free workplace. Prospective employees must pass a drug test and a physical as well as pre-employment screening.
Pay Range: DOE (range of $19–$35.64/hour)
To Apply: In order to apply, please complete an application which may be downloaded from our website www.dakotacreek.com. The completed application must be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (360) 293-6432. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application form but may be included with the application. Applications will not be accepted in person and are not available pre-printed. Position will close when filled.
EOE AA / M / F / Vet / Disability