Job Title: Marine Painter
Posting Number: 2022-04
Posting Date: 05/19/2022
Posting Closes: when filled
Duties: oversee and help with surface preparation; wash and/or pressure wash surfaces to remove grease, rust, scale and dirt; sand blast; mix paint; paint with brush, roller and sprayer; sand surfaces between coats and final coat to specified finish; clean and maintain equipment after each use; run aerial lift equipment.
- Skills/knowledge test to be completed if interview is requested.
- Due to the secure nature of this project a pre-employment screening will be performed upon eligible candidate accepting our employment offer.
Specific Job Skills:
- Minimum 1 (one) year marine painting experience required.
- Sandblasting experience required.
- Five (5) years painting experience preferred.
- Understanding of paint formulas and specifications.
- Ability to read paint specifications and understand blueprints.
- Ability to calculate paint consumption.
- Recognize and resolve unsafe working conditions.
- Effectively communicate information and ideas in English.
- Available for overtime with minimal notice; specific projects will require 6 x 10-hour shifts.
Job Scope: This position routinely works with minimal supervision after instruction has been given. Candidates must be motivated and must be able to follow direction.
Interpersonal Contacts: This position works both independently and as part of a team. The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with others within a team, and other trades of the organization is essential in this role.
Job Conditions: Work is performed in a wide variety of environments including heights of 20 feet or more, small and confined spaces, and outdoors in all weather conditions. Will bend twist, kneel, walk, climb, and reach for 1-12 hours per day. Will crouch, stand for 1-12 hours per day., Will endure noise, fumes, dust, and inclement weather. Must be able to lift and carry 1-40 pounds routinely throughout the day and up to 75 pounds intermittently. Must be able to push and pull up to 75 pounds and safely wear a respirator as needed.
Benefits: include medical, vision, dental, access to company clinic, vacation pay, sick pay, paid holidays, and bonus.
Dakota Creek Industries, Inc. is a drug-free, smoke- and vape-free workplace. Prospective employees must pass a drug test and a physical as well as pre-employment screening.
Pay Range: DOE (range of $21.75-$37.78/hour)
To Apply: In order to apply, please complete an application which may be downloaded from our website www.dakotacreek.com. The completed application must be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (360) 293-6432 or mailed to P.O. Box 218 Anacortes, WA 98221 or dropped off at the Main Office at 820 4thStreet in Anacortes. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application form but may be included with the application. Position will close when filled.
EOE: race/color/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/vet