Job Title: New Construction Shipfitter Helper
Posting Number: 2023-06
Department: New Construction
Posting Date: 3/29/2023
Posting Closes: when filled
Duties: Support the Journeyman Shipfitters in the assembly and production of new build construction while complying with Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements. Perform grinding, sweeping, emptying trash cans, picking up garbage, and improving housekeeping; other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Due to the secure nature of this project a pre-employment screening will be performed upon eligible candidate accepting our employment offer.
Specific Job Skills:
- Preference will be given to applicants with new marine construction experience.
- Stick welding and Dual Shield or similar experience is a plus
- Safely perform work in small and/or confined spaces, on ladders, and at heights of 20 feet or more.
- Recognize and resolve unsafe working conditions.
- Effectively communicate information and ideas in English both verbally and in writing without assistance or translation.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Understand, promote and adhere to a Safety First culture by following safety guidelines and requirements at all times, understanding and properly utilizing the appropriate personal protective equipment for each situation.
- Consistently meet individual daily production goals as set by supervisors, foreman, and designated lead employees.
Job Scope: This position routinely works with minimal supervision after instruction has been given. Candidates must be motivated and must be able to follow direction.
Interpersonal Contacts: This position works both independently and as part of a team. The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with others within a team, and other trades of the organization is essential in this role.
Job Conditions: Work is performed in a wide variety of environments including heights of 20 feet or more, small and confined spaces, and outdoors in all weather conditions. Will bend twist, kneel, walk, climb, and reach for 1-12 hours per day. Will crouch, stand for 1-12 hours per day., Will endure noise, fumes, dust, and inclement weather. Must be able to lift and carry 1-60 pounds throughout the day. Must be able to push and pull up to 75 pounds and safely wear a respirator when needed.
Benefits: include medical, vision, dental, access to company clinic, vacation pay, sick pay, paid holidays, and bonus.
Dakota Creek Industries, Inc. is a drug free, smoke free workplace. Prospective employees must pass a drug test and a physical as well as pre-employment screening.
Pay Range: DOE (range of $20.63-23.06/hour)
To Apply: In order to apply, please complete an application which may be printed from our website www.dakotacreek.com, or obtained from our main office at 820 Fourth Street, Anacortes, WA. The completed application must be mailed or hand-delivered to Human Resources. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application form but may be included with the application. Position will close when filled.
EOE AA / M / F / Vet / Disability